Wednesday, June 16, 2010

This is it

The moment has arrived for the end of my journey in dealing with the issues in publication and design. Even though blogging is not a new thing to me as I have done it for years, doing it with proper referencing and discussing real issues took quite some getting used to. It was an enlightening experience to conduct research on the subject matter of publication and design. I daresay that what I have learnt from this would go a long way and would definitely shape the way I blog in future.

Two important things that I have learnt from this weblog assignment is that a sufficient amount of white space has to be devoted for easier readability and providing rhetorical cues on navigating the content (Schriver 1997, p.376). Images are places to provide visual aids and are best flanked by proper hyperlinks to help the readers have a better understanding of the content (Nielson 2000).

Reference list

Nielsen, J 2000, 'Chapter 3: Content design', Designing web usability, New Riders, Indianapolis.

Schriver, KA 1997, 'Chapter 6: The interplay of words and pictures', in Dynamics in document design: Creating texts for readers, Wiley Computer Pub., New York, pp. 361-441.

No comments:

Post a Comment